Join Our Team
Construction Project Engineer I
Title: Construction Project Engineer I
Reports to: Project Manager and/or Project Superintendent
Location: Grapevine, TX
Visioneering Studios is a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, creatives, and support staff who work together to launch our clients' visions into reality. Our team works with fantastic non-profits, churches, and commercial partners and has been voted one of the best workplaces three years in a row.
Visioneering Studios Construction is a growing Design-Build Firm, immediately seeking an experienced Project Engineer to support our Project Manager and/or Project Superintendent.
The Project Engineer is accountable to the Project Manager in all matters concerning the project(s). The Project Engineer supports the project team with technical aspects of job administration at the direction of the Project Manager and/or Superintendent. It is the Engineer’s responsibility to administer project control as assigned. The Project Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager to ensure all projects stay on schedule and on budget.
- Previous experience with a computer-based construction management software to track project documents, budgets, and transmittals
- Ability to read Construction Drawings
- Knowledge of construction documents (RFI’s, Submittals, Contracts, etc.)
- Strong Communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Must have valid California Driver’s license
- Must have own reliable transportation
- College degree preferred but not required in the following areas; construction, engineering and business management
Technical Skill Requirements
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook a Must
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe and/or Bluebeam preferred
- Plan Grid/or Procore
- Manage documentation between the Subcontractors and Project Administration, collect and process information in a timely manner
- Manage Project Logs with the updated information, such as RFI Logs, Submittal Logs, Change-Order Logs, Drawing Logs, and Meeting Minute Action Item Logs, etc
- Facilitate, track, and follow-up on the RFIs and Submittals on behalf of the Project Manager and Superintendent
- Manage the collection of guarantees, warranties, operation-manuals, and as-built drawings
- Obtain closeout documentation from the subcontractors in a timely manner as per the Project Specifications
- Manage the issuances of the Construction Documents, Bulletins, and Field Directives as required to Subcontractors. Ensure that the most current drawings for all phases of the contract have been issued to the appropriate parties
- Maintain the “posted-set” of drawings to be accurate and updated as a result of any changes
- Manage the Meeting Minutes for each weekly and impromptu project meeting.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with subcontractors
- Support the Project Manager in overseeing new project bids (follow up, collecting bids, establishing relationships with estimators, etc.)
- Support the Project Manager in new project start-up documentation and setting up standard files, etc.
- Assist Project Manager with permit issues as well as requesting proposals from various subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist Project Management Team with logistics planning and communications to subcontractors, suppliers, project personnel, and the public as needed
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager to obtain materials and equipment by releasing items for fabrication and determining their delivery as required at job site
Please send your resume to Greg Ahmann at email@example.com