Join Our Team
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: CFO/Managing Principal – Cortez CPA, P.C.
Classification: Full-Time with Benefits
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Reporting to the CFO/Managing Principal of Visioneering’s public accountancy affiliate, Cortez CPA, P.C., this position requires a minimum of three years of relevant job experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position will primarily be responsible for general accounting, consulting, and tax preparation activities for the clientele of Cortez CPA, P.C., but will also be involved in various other accounting tasks and duties as described below.
- Responsible for general accounting and consulting activities for various clientele. Such activities include general ledger account reconciliations, account analysis, customer communication and ensuring the integrity of data reflected in the client financial systems.
- Assists in tax consulting, tax preparation and review for clients of various sizes and industries.
- Understands and researches basic to moderately complex tax concepts and their application to client situations.
- Assists in payroll processing and payroll tax compliance matters.
- Ensures client adherence to compliance-related deadlines such as tax return filings, tax estimate requirements, annual reports and other regulatory deadlines.
- Performs all other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum three years of experience in accounting with at least two years in public accounting
- Individual and corporate tax preparation experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and relevant pronouncements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel, Quickbooks, and other accounting information systems
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detail-focused and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Action and team-oriented
- CPA, MST, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficiency in Lacerte Tax software
- Takes initiative
- Strong team-building skills
- High sense of urgency
- Committed to excellence
- Self-motivated and Self- confident
- Effective communication skills
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight
- Leadership capabilities that motivate others to exceed expectations
- Excellent business judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must sit for prolonged periods, and stand, walk reach, twist, turn, bend, and stoop in the performance of daily office activities. The employee must be able to grasp, use repetitive hand movements, and fine coordination in providing reports, data, and graphics using a computer keyboard and mouse. The position also requires the employee to use near vision in reading plans, correspondence, and data using a computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper, and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required. Travel may be required and may vary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please send your resume to James Cortez at firstname.lastname@example.org