Join Our Team
Reports To: Financial Reporting Supervisor
Classification: Full-Time with Benefits
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Supervisor, this position requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position will primarily be responsible for the timely processing of accounts payable invoices but also involves various other accounting tasks and duties as described below.
- Fully committed to the Mission, Vision, and Values of Visioneering
- Process Accounts Payable invoices in a timely manner. The following is required:
- Accurate invoice and related transaction entries from source documents, including inter-company entries, transaction, and batch descriptions.
- Verify the accuracy of general ledger account coding, as coded by the responsible department personnel.
- Determine weekly cash disbursements.
- Timely submission of all batches with the necessary documentation to the Director of Finance.
- Timely processing of payments.
- Filing of all completed batches in a timely manner.
- Provide timely payables and receivables customer support to all entity staff and related contacts through telephone, e-mail, and standard mail.
- Reconcile and process monthly employee expense reports for reimbursement.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of A/P to the General Ledger.
- Keep vendor and customer files current, including tax identification numbers, names, addresses, telephone numbers, ACH information, and 1099 status.
- Process 1099s annually.
- Scanning of all pertinent A/P, cash, and other documents for electronic storage.
- Complete daily check deposits.
- Provide general administrative support for all entities as needed. The following is required:
- Perform duties related to contract administration and tracking.
- Order office supplies.
- Coordinate shipping and overnight delivery.
- Complete corporate forms and compile the required data.
- Composition of letters and documents in Word and Excel.
- Identify improvement opportunities specifically related to your job function and recommend solutions.
- Perform all other special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Action and team-oriented.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and Accounting software programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
- Experience with Deltek Vision, Quickbooks, and Viewpoint ProContractor software.
- Experience with scanning software.
- Experience in a general contractor firm or architecture firm.
- Takes initiative
- Strong team-building skills
- High sense of urgency
- Committed to excellence
- Self-motivated and Self- confident
- Effective communication skills
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight
- Leadership capabilities that motivate others to exceed expectations
- Excellent business judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must sit for prolonged periods, and stand, walk reach, twist, turn, bend, and stoop in the performance of daily office activities. The employee must be able to grasp, use repetitive hand movements, and fine coordination in providing reports, data, and graphics using a computer keyboard and mouse. The position also requires the employee to use near vision in reading plans, correspondence, and data using a computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper, and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required. Travel may be required and may vary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Email your resume and cover letter to Gina.Brehmer@DawsonDawsonInc.com for consideration.