Join Our Team
Job Captain – Architect / Designer Level 2
Title: Architect / Designer Level 2
Reports to: Studio Director
Location: Nashville, TN
Reporting to the Studio Director / Principal, the Architect/Designer II works as a member of the design team and is responsible for finished plans, specifications, and/or approval of materials and construction, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performs a variety of tasks, and works under the general supervision of the Studio Director.
- Performs the Architectural design and documentation process for medium to large scale, multi-phased institutional and commercial projects.
- Prepares design documentation of Architectural Space Programming, Master Planning, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents.
- Highly proficient in the use Autodesk REVIT and/or AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe creative suite (illustrator, photoshop, in-design), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in broad array of assignments and related fields.
- Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
- Requires use of advanced techniques and modification/extension of theories, precepts, and practices of individual's field.
- Supervision and guidance mainly concern overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
- Process improvement and ownership of integrated design-build services
- Land Use Entitlements/Design Review Processing
- Documents/disseminates project communication.
- Interfaces with clients and maintains client relationships.
- Performs site survey and documentation.
- Provides graphic design and layout for design deliverables
- Provides computer assisted drafting and freehand presentation techniques.
- Fully committed to the Mission, Vision, and Values of Visioneering Studios.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited four-year institution.
- Licensed architect with 5+ years of experience in Urban Design, Planning or at an Architectural firm
- Multi-year experience in project design and management of complex, large scale developments
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong oral and graphic presentation skills
- Strong organization skills and solid attention to detail
- A passion for client satisfaction and creative, cost-conscious design
- Professional Certification – NCARB
- Professional Certification – LEED
- AIA membership
- Experience in Commercial, Education (K-12/DSA), Healthcare, Civic, Religious/Liturgical
- Takes initiative
- Strong team building skills
- High sense of urgency
- Committed to excellence
- Self-motivated and Self- confident
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight
- Leadership capabilities that motivate others to exceed expectations
- Excellent business judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must sit for prolonged periods, and stand, walk reach, twist, turn, bend, and stoop in the performance of daily office activities. The employee must be able to grasp, use repetitive hand movements and fine coordination in providing reports, data, and graphics using a computer keyboard and mouse. The position also requires the employee to use near vision in reading plans, correspondence, and data using a computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required. Travel may be required, and may vary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.