Join Our Team
Title: Interior Designer
Reports to: Studio Director / Principal
Location: Grapevine, TX
Reporting to the Studio Director / Principal, works as a member of the design team, is responsible for the development of design solutions, researches and selects colors/finishes/materials, performs site surveys, maintains resource materials. Incumbent will possess knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Interior Design arena.
- Performs and participates in the interior design and documentation process for medium to large scale, multi-phased institutional and commercial projects
- Formulates designs that are practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving lifestyle.
- Researches interior products.
- Applies established interior design standards.
- Assists senior-level designers in the development of design solutions for review.
- Performs routine checking and/or verification tasks.
- Researches and selects colors/finishes/materials.
- Supports business development activities through assistance with aids such as finish boards or PowerPoint presentations.
- Performs site survey and documentation.
- Maintains resource materials.
- Provides graphic design and layout for design deliverables
- Provides computer-assisted drafting and freehand presentation techniques.
- Fully committed to the Mission, Vision, and Values of Visioneering Studios.
- AA or BFA in an accredited interior design program or related field (such as architecture, environmental design, or graphic design)
- Highly proficient in the use Adobe creative suite (illustrator, photoshop, in-design), Autodesk REVIT and/or AutoCAD, Sketchup, Microsoft Office Suite
- 2-5 years of experience in an architectural or interior design firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid attention to detail
- A passion for client satisfaction and creative, cost-conscious design
- NCIDQ certification
- LEED for Commercial Interiors
- Experience in Commercial, Education (K-12/DSA), Healthcare, Civic, Religious/Liturgical
- Takes initiative
- Strong team-building skills
- High sense of urgency
- Committed to excellence
- Self-motivated and Self- confident
- Effective communication skills
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight
- Leadership capabilities that motivate others to exceed expectations
- Excellent business judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must sit for prolonged periods, and stand, walk reach, twist, turn, bend, and stoop in the performance of daily office activities. The employee must be able to grasp, use repetitive hand movements and fine coordination in providing reports, data, and graphics using a computer keyboard and mouse. The position also requires the employee to use near vision in reading plans, correspondence, and data using a computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required. Travel may be required, and may vary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.