Join Our Team
Title: Accounting Clerk
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position will primarily be responsible for supporting general accounting and reporting activities for Visioneering Studios, Inc., but will also be involved in various other accounting and clerical tasks and duties as described below.
- Assists in general accounting and reporting activities for Visioneering Studios, Inc. and affiliated companies. Such activities include account reconciliations, account analysis, customer communication and ensuring the integrity of data reflected in the corporate financial systems
- Assists in preparing financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assists in meeting month-end, quarter-end and year-end deadlines
- Assists in tax and bookkeeping support for clients of Visioneering’s public accounting firm affiliate
- Assists in a variety of clerical duties including mailing, scanning/filing, data entry
- Performs all other special projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Word, Excel and on-line accounting information systems
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detail-focused and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Action and team oriented
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Deltek Vision and Viewpoint ProContractor software
- Previous experience in financial reporting or tax preparation
- Bookkeeping experience
- Takes initiative
- Strong team building skills
- High sense of urgency
- Committed to excellence
- Self-motivated and Self- confident
- Effective communication skills
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight
- Leadership capabilities that motivate others to exceed expectations
- Excellent business judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must sit for prolonged periods, and stand, walk reach, twist, turn, bend, and stoop in the performance of daily office activities. The employee must be able to grasp, use repetitive hand movements and fine coordination in providing reports, data, and graphics using a computer keyboard and mouse. The position also requires the employee to use near vision in reading plans, correspondence, and data using a computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required. Travel may be required, and may vary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.